Bank account for Personal account

Olia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! My company needs PayPal account in order to make payments for adds in Facebook. 

We don't have a corporate credit/debit card that could be linked to this account, we would like to use our bank account. 

Can I link the bank account of the company to my personal PayPal account? 

If no, should I create a business acount and fund it from the bank account of the company? I need to make payments only, no incomes are planned.

Many thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A linked bank account must be in the name and address of the PayPal member.

If you are not the PayPal account holder then you cannot link your bank account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Olia wrote:

Many thanks, clear!

One more questions if I may: if we create PayPal business account for my company and link it to the bank account of my company, does it mean that when we make payments, the money will be automatically written off from the bank account?

We are planning to use PayPal account for payments only (no incomes planned), so what are the available sources to fund this account (to have positive balance on PayPal account)?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, I can't quite understand how it works...

when you make payment,it will first take the fund from your Paypal account,if none,then it will go after the bank account linked,if not enough,it will attempt again in 2 days,your bank may charge you NSF .

you can transfer fund from bank to Paypal account,it could take up to 5 days,you can buy a paypal cash card and load it and add to your account,or if you have another paypal account,you can send payment via friend and family so there is no Paypal fee involved.

But I would suggest transferring fund from your bank account ahead of any payment due is the best approach.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Olia wrote:

Many thanks! 

I am not quite sure how PayPal works and would be very grateful for your professional advice if there are any solutions for the following situation:

We are a company in Ukraine and need PayPal account to pay for adds in Facebook.

Some people in our team have personal PayPal accounts but it would not be correct to ask them to pay personal money for operational expenses of the company. I understood from your previous reply that it is not possible to link company's account to the personal PayPal account of any of the team members as the names of the bank account holder and PayPal member would be different. 

I beleive we should create a new PayPal account. The company does not have corporate debit/credit card, only bank account in the local bank (in EUR). We are planning to use PayPal account for payments only, we will not be receiving money from other partities on this account. 

Is there any solution for us in this situation? What type of PayPal account should we create, how could we transfer money to this account in order to be able to make payments? 

Thank you very much in advance!

Olga

your ability to use Paypal in Ukraine is limited.

ferings:

Send:Send funds without sharing your financial information.
  • Mastercard
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • Discover

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A linked bank account must be in the name and address of the PayPal member.

If you are not the PayPal account holder then you cannot link your bank account.

Login to Me Too

Olia
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks, clear!

One more questions if I may: if we create PayPal business account for my company and link it to the bank account of my company, does it mean that when we make payments, the money will be automatically written off from the bank account?

We are planning to use PayPal account for payments only (no incomes planned), so what are the available sources to fund this account (to have positive balance on PayPal account)?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Olia wrote:

Many thanks, clear!

when you make payment,it will first take the fund from your Paypal account,if none,then it will go after the bank account linked,if not enough,it will attempt again in 2 days,your bank may charge you NSF .

you can transfer fund from bank to Paypal account,it could take up to 5 days,you can buy a paypal cash card and load it and add to your account,or if you have another paypal account,you can send payment via friend and family so there is no Paypal fee involved.

But I would suggest transferring fund from your bank account ahead of any payment due is the best approach.

Login to Me Too

Olia
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks! 

I am not quite sure how PayPal works and would be very grateful for your professional advice if there are any solutions for the following situation:

We are a company in Ukraine and need PayPal account to pay for adds in Facebook.

Some people in our team have personal PayPal accounts but it would not be correct to ask them to pay personal money for operational expenses of the company. I understood from your previous reply that it is not possible to link company's account to the personal PayPal account of any of the team members as the names of the bank account holder and PayPal member would be different. 

I beleive we should create a new PayPal account. The company does not have corporate debit/credit card, only bank account in the local bank (in EUR). We are planning to use PayPal account for payments only, we will not be receiving money from other partities on this account. 

Is there any solution for us in this situation? What type of PayPal account should we create, how could we transfer money to this account in order to be able to make payments? 

Olga

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You open the account in your name.  For the business, just add the business name.  Documentation for identity much be to your name and address.  Follow the prompts on screen.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Olia wrote:

Many thanks! 

Olga

your ability to use Paypal in Ukraine is limited.

ferings:

Send:Send funds without sharing your financial information.
  • Mastercard
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • Discover
Login to Me Too

Olia
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your reply, this helps a lot indeed! 

Could you please share the link to this information as I can't see what the third option to send funds is?

If you have any other info on PayPal in Ukraine, I would very much appreciate that!

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.