Balk: won't yet allow me to remove a card, but when??

cm-91
Contributor
Contributor

I want to remove a credit card funding source and it's not even the primary or backup funding source! Yet Paypal refuses to permit it "while an authorization is still pending". But that's nonsense since all my transactions are completed in seconds and are direct bank account debits. I assert I have no 'pending' authorizations. How long til this thing unlocks?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Even though you fund your payments via your bank account, your card is your back up source, so if the payment from your bank account fails for whatever reason they would use your back up card.

Payments are not instant from your bank account, paypal CREDITS the seller for you and then takes the wait whilst they upload your funds from your bank account to reimburse themselves. It may leave your bank in seconds but as paypal use electronic and not wire transfer it can take up to 5-7 days as it has to go via clearing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cm-91
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

Even though you fund your payments via your bank account, your card is your back up source, so if the payment from your bank account fails for whatever reason they would use your back up card.

REPLY: As I stated, that particular card that I'm trying to remove is not the card set as my backup source.

@kernowlass wrote:

Payments are not instant from your bank account, paypal CREDITS the seller for you and then takes the wait whilst they upload your funds from your bank account to reimburse themselves. It may leave your bank in seconds but as paypal use electronic and not wire transfer it can take up to 5-7 days as it has to go via clearing.

REPLY: It's pure simplicity: all of the transactions listed under my Paypal account display the status "Completed", not "Pending". It's a no-brainer.

So my question remains: precisely W*H*E*N will this hex unlock?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome, sorry i tried to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LakeLady47
New Community Member

I have the same problem and the "Contact Us" doesn't help.

Login to Me Too

CherryT
New Community Member

I am also having this exact problem. There are no pending transactions as PP message insists there are, any recurring payments have been cancelled, and the card is neither primary nor backup source and yet PP will not allow its removal. The card is no longer an active card. And, like the other person who replied here, I found that contacting them was no help. Extremely frustrating, and I certainly hope they have someone moderating this board who can troubleshoot this issue, since it's obviously not an isolated problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.