Another not receiving email notifications for payments

needspphelp
New Community Member

I know there are several of these posts online and no one really has an answer.  I have spent way too much time on the phone with Paypal this week.  I am not receiving email notifications when a payment is made into our account.  We run a non profit and have a fundraiser coming up and people are using our paypal to register and pay for the event.  We have to physically go into our account to see if any payments were made instead of receiving an email like we should be.  I have made sure that my notifications are all checked, I have verified my email addresses, I have added paypal to my address book, I have made sure that paypal is not a blocked address, i have contacted yahoo where they tell me its a constant question and a paypal issue.  With my last paypal conversation the woman was rude and very unhelpful.  She first told me i had absolutely no transactions for the last 6 months, i have had several, including one last week. Then corrected to say oh yes i see, you are definitely receiving email notifications, I said i am not she again repeated i definitely am.  I asked her to please quite saying definitely because i definitely am not.  she routinely put me on hold in the middle of my turn to speak and eventually told me she was going to escalate my complaint but that it isn't an issue with paypal and to contact my provider because i am not using a mainstream email address.  I told her that it is a yahoo small business account and that's why it is it is not a mainstream address, she was completely confused by this and continued to say its my problem not theirs.  I am extremely upset and frustrated with paypal and their customer service representatives.  I did get her name and id number but even that had to be pried out of her as she was very reluctant to give me that information.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's never a definitive answer to this issue.  For the most, it more of a technical problem which customer support can't really troubleshoot, not sure why they just don't tell you that.  PayPal does have Tech Support and the techs can at least look into it for you. You can open a support ticket here:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

One work around or for a backup notification option is to use PayPal's Instant Payment Notification feature or IPN.  IPN is a message service that notifies you of events related to PayPal transactions. You can use IPN messages to automate back-office and administrative functions, such as fulfilling orders, tracking customers, and providing status and other transaction-related information.   This would alert to a transaction in addition to receiving an email notication or not.

You can learn more about IPN here:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/products/instant-payment-notification/

And here's a link to the User Guide:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/ipnguide.pdf

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.