Another curious issue with Quicken

mstv01
Contributor
Contributor

I did as advised & switched my PayPal Credit Card Acct to a checking account in Quicken.  The procedure was stepworthy, as Quicken wouldn't allow me to just change the type of account in Quicken, I had to put it in as a whole new account.  So, in case this will help someone else, these are the steps I had to take:

1.  Create the new account

2.  Delete the transactions it picks up - out of 3 yrs of transactions, it only downloaded 10!!!

3.  Use the 'Find' for ALL transactions you coordinated with the category [PayPal Credit Card] (or whichever name you assigned to it) and edit them to the new account name.  For me, these were the accounts I used for paying on the account or paid for with Paypal.

4.  Go to the old Paypal account & click on the earliest transaction.  Go to the last transaction, hold the Shift key to highlight all transactions from start to finish. 

A.  First, you need to change all Reconciled transactions to Cleared. If you haven't done bulk changes in any of the columns before, have your mouse arrow over the column, in this case, the Clr column, click on Reconcile in the large window, a small window will come up and click 'Cleared'

B.  Repeat highlighting procedure, click at any point and click on 'Move Transaction', find and click on the new account and all the highlighted transactions will be moved over to the new.

C.  Repeat highlighting procedure to last point reconciled in old account, click on Reconcile again and the Reconcile to update new account transactons to old.

5.  Delete the old account.

Now, the strange issue with the switch.  I have less than $10 in the savings account, with a balance owing on the credit side of the account.  All that Quicken picked up was the savings, not the credit account.  How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mstv01
Contributor
Contributor

I meant, all that Quicken picked up as a balance on the account was the savings.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.