Address Issues

mayrosario
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I still don't understand the issue with PO Boxes. In cases like mine in Puerto Rico many houses are in very remote areas and the only WAY to get our packages and mail is by using a PO Box service. We tried to explain this to costumer service and they insist that I must have a physical. 

Well. my physical address not even google maps can't find my house. the format is very different than the US. Houses in rural areas don't have house number. So asking for a physical address is not only stupid but ignorant. 

my address is Rd  __ Ramal ___ Km ___ BO espino San Lorenzo. It shows kilometer, road number and wich extension, no house number, no nothing!!

Can someone UNDERSTAND THIS? Even banks and the goverment are ok with PO Boxes but Paypal seems to be too ignorant for this, Stopped to buy on ebay all together for this stipidity. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Have to agree about the PO Box gripe - from experience, it's not just PayPal, there are quite few businesses that are not very flexiable when it comes to shipping to PO Boxes, sometimes this is due to the nature of the item while others times, there's no logic. 

Then there's hand off shipping where as a package will go to UPS as they deliver to physical street address however, sometimes UPS gives the package to the Post Office - if you live in an area where the Post Office does not deliver to physical street address, the Post Office simply returns the package to the sender.

Login to Me Too

mayrosario
Contributor
Contributor
Bit PayPal doesn't want to admit my PO Box address and costumer service doesn't do anything. For the last 10 years I called like 5 times to costumer service and they can't do a thing. At all! Like they are there to say "oh I can do anything jist listening to your complaints" ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.