Address Change/Delete

jerlgreen
Contributor
Contributor

System will not allow me to delete an old address. Even when I've followed the change address procedures. Please advise. Messages received:

When I attempt to set an address as primary, I receive:

"Please try again."

When I select Remove (old address), or Update (to save as my primary)I receive:

"Before you can delete this address, you must select a new primary address. Please try again."

And thus it loops...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

HillyPhilly
New Community Member

I sent a payment to a paypal invoice & the PayPal app sent the seller an old delivery adress that I thought I’d deleted.
To resolve this, you need to call PayPal & ask them to permanently delete old gift addresses.
If you’ve been a member of PayPal a long time, there may be many. This will include any adress you have previous listed, & any address belonging to someone you’ve done business with.
Call the local helpline for your country & press whatever numbers will take you to a real person.
This is the response I got from PayPal;

“Upon reviewing your PayPal account, I see that this is a gift address that you had in your transaction. In order to remove this gift address from your PayPal account, another verification will be done over the phone.
I suggest that you give us a call so we can remove these gift addresses in your Paypal account. Here is our hotline number <removed>. We are open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM Monday to Friday and from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Saturday and Sunday.”

Login to Me Too

jjstiff

Try to create your current address one more time, mark it as primary when you create it.

Make sure all your cards link to the newly created (or updated as primary) address.

Then try deleting your old addresses.

Does this help?

See also: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings/Can-t-update-address-in-profile/m-p/1476397/highl...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.