Adding people to address book

SmithyandSon
New Community Member

I send invoices to customers for my business through PayPal and I have been very happy with everything so far.  Now that I have some new customers, I am having trouble saving their information in my address book.  Is there a limited amount that can be in there?  If not, how can I get this information to save?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Lamar57
Contributor
Contributor

I am also suddenly unable to save to the Address Book. I fill out the information, hit "save" and it doesn't save. Everything else is working.

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

I have a rough "work around" and that is adding the contact information while I am creating the invoice; it is real rough and incomplete, but I can at least get my invoices out ... weeks ago I talked to support and they said they are aware and working on it ... it should not take this long (and this is something that never should have been rolled out).  Sigh.

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

I found "IT" ... if you enter the phone number with ONLY numbers then it saves!!

Don't use "(, ), -, ., etc." ... and it appears to accept as many digits as you want to add.

By doing this I am able to add all my contacts/addresses with all the data ... and then it populates into the invoice.

Login to Me Too

Lamar57
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!!!! I'll give it a try!

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor
I've added a lot this way now (whew).
I have "confirmed" that this is the error; I opened an old contact with phone number formatting, hit "edit", and it won't save UNTIL you "fix" the phone number ... oh well.
Login to Me Too

3paws
Contributor
Contributor

I just spent an hour adding 8 new customers to my address book.  I put in phone numbers as a straight number, no dashes, no spaces between the numbers.  did not put in the 1 to start.  It looked like they were going into the address book.  But went I went into paypal address book again later,  None of the customers were in the address book.  So if it is the phone number, do you put the 1 and spaces in or just straight 10 numbers.  This is really getting me aggravated!

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure I fully understand "what happened" ... Address Book = ?

(I have "Customers" under the "More" tab/drop-down; and it contains all the people who have used PayPal to pay me via my website AND the people I add so I can invoice them ... it is an "idiot list" as you can not sort/access any of the data/information ... it is even more pointless as the information is not complete and cannot be exported.

HOWEVER, if this is what you mean, and I think it might be the case, then no worries as the phone field isn't even a column option and your data should be complete/okay.  Just go to Invoicing (Tools/Invoicing) and create a new invoice ... use the "address book" there to find the contacts you just added and you will see everything you added is there!

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor
It seems to be the phone number data field.
Just enter the digits/numbers (with zero punctuation) and it will save everything ... I had the same problem as you and I finally had to invoice!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.