Adding partners debit card

ByRebeka
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, how can I add my business partners debit card to our paypal business account? This account is used for our agency and we both have access to it and want the option to withdraw money to both our regular bank accounts. Any idea how this is managed?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

From what I understand, you want to add another business debit card to withdraw your PayPal funds to. Is that correct? If so, then you can add your partner's debit card by logging into your PayPal account on the computer, and then click on "More >" that's in the "Money" section - which is in the top left of the page. On the next page, you can go down and click on "Link a new card" and you will be directed to a page that you can enter your business partners card information. When you are done, you can now click on "Link Card" and you will be directed to a different page. If there are any difficulties with adding the new card, then I would recommend contacting PayPal by phone at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call or by email at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/email. Did that answer your question?

Login to Me Too

ByRebeka
Contributor
Contributor

The problem with this is that when I try linking another card, the last name field is inactive and cannot be changed to a new user.

Which basically means that if I am John Smith and want to add Steven White's card I cannot because I cannot change the last name, it will just have an inactive filed populated with the last name Smith. 

Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So, I just recently found out that you can't add other people's funding sources for personal accounts. Since your account is a business account, you could try to see if you can add users to your PayPal business account. You will be able to give them certain account privileges, such as withdrawing funds, adding funds, sending invoices, etc. However, if you give the secondary user "Edit Profile" access, "View Profile" is automatically selected. If you give the secondary user "Withdraw Funds" access, then "View Balance" is automatically selected.

If you give the secondary user "Scheduled Downloadable Log and Settlement File" access, that user can't be given any other access privileges. You must create an additional user if you want that user to have additional access privileges.

I don't know if your business partner can link their card's this way but you can most certainly try. Here are the steps:

• Login to your account on your computer.
  • Click Profile or the gear icon on the top right.
  • Click Profile and settings.
  • Click My settings on the left side of the page.
  • Click Get started or Update in the Manage users section.
  • Click Add User.
  • This is where the user can insert their Password, User ID, First and Last Name. Provide the user's information, check each account privilege you're giving this user and click Save.

The user can login into PayPal with their user ID and Password at PayPal.com/Login - it's the same login page that you go through, as well. The user will have to use their user ID in replacement of an email during login.

If PayPal doesn't ask the user for a name while linking their card, then I would recommend contacting PayPal's customer service as I have very little knowledge of this - I'm still learning.

Let me know if this worked! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.