Add email address excessive security confirmation

clairmatin
New Community Member

I need to change my primary email address, so I added the new one, and then got into what seems like an unnecessary welter of confirmations.  I had already logged in with my password, and was then sent an email which contained a link.  This link made me login again, and then asked me to re-enter my bank account number.  This was frankly too much.  Surely making me re-enter the information that Paypal claims to protect should be unnecessary.

In the email I also saw that there is an "alternative method" which says

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Confirm email address in the Notifications section of your Account Overview.
3. Enter this confirmation number: nnnn nnnn nnn nnn nn

Unfortunately there is no confirm email address option in the Notifications section.

This kind of runaround tends to defeat the convenience of paypal as a service.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are many sites (business and services) that make you verify again who you are when changing critical information.  For example, Amazon makes you input your password a second time when it comes to making specific changes.  Each business takes a different approach to their security which in good faith is there to protect you.  If you think PayPal is a bit of a stretch, you should visit our health care providers site - one would think it's the Pentagon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.