Account limited due to creation under 18

ParraToxic
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have been requested to provide proof of my identity and my account got limited for being created when I was under 18. I am in fact over 18 at the moment and the email that I am using for that account is of most importance to me. I have no problems with creating a new account, like said in the email that I received, but I have been informed that it must be created using a different email, which is very inconvenient for me. May I ask what is the reason for creating a new PayPal account with a different email if my personal information will be the same? I would really appreciate having an option to keep using PayPal with the same email as this account. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal requires a new email for a new account.  If you wish an explanation from PayPal you will need to contact PayPal directly.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page.

If you are unhappy with PayPal policies you have the option to select a different payment processor.

Login to Me Too

ParraToxic
Contributor
Contributor
Good, then why couldn't there be a possibility to change the email on your current account and create a new one with the email that you changed?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't change the email address on your under age account, so you need a new email address.

If you need specific account help you need to phone PayPal customer service and talk to an agent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.