Account limited and confirm location not updating

Zach1912
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

[Uninteresting background information]

I made my account a few years ago to participate in a rewards program, not knowing I didn't need a credit card to spend my money. So when I cashed out from the website I got about 15 USD, and then didn't touch my account for a few years. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, I attempted to sign up for ESEA Premium, which only accepts paypal for payment. I add my credit card which I'd had for about a year at that time, and then realize there is a delay unless I link my bank account as well. So I go in and link my bank account and try to pay the $38 dollars. I get an error message saying my account is limited, saying there was some kind of "suspicous activity on [my] credit card account", whatever the **bleep** that means. I think "whatever, I'll just have a friend buy it for me and pay him in cash." So I do that, and that same friend pays my $10 league fee for me as well 2 months later, and I go on and live my happy life. Fast forward to now. I need to renew my league fee. The friend who payed it 4 months ago is getting slightly annoyed so I've decided to get this issue taken care of to pay it myself.

[The issue]

Paypal is asking me to complete a 2 item checklist to confirm my credit card and my location. I do the credit card thing and it takes 3 days for them to charge me $2 for some reason (which was extremely annoying and there was nothing there to tell me how long the delay would be) but anyway I get that resolved. The second thing on the list is to confirm my location. I'm living at college. The location on my account is my parents' house, and I'm only allowed to verify by answering that phone. I'm very annoyed at this point, but it comes at a decent time because I'm driving home for easter anyway, so I drive home and enter the 4 digit PIN and hang up when it tells me to. Paypal says I'm going to get an email about my confirmation status. It's been about 92 hours. I haven't gotten an email from them, and when I try to reclick resolve on that issue, it pops up with the PIN I've already entered and the whole "paypal will now call your phone" message, making no acknowledgement that they've even called me yet. So now I've lost $2, I have about 10 days to pay my league fee, and Paypal won't let me use my account. Please help me.

-Zach

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Zach1912
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe I should call at this point... I'm afraid of strangers though...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.