50% Reserve on Funds for 180 Days

BrahimJ
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal Executives and Community Readers,

I am taking some time to wite to you and express my frustration about what just happned to My good standing account for years.

I ahev a paypal account taht I have used for a long time with exactly 0 complaint, and 0 charge backs. We are a small tour company that offers private tours in Morocco and we use Paypal for transcation as it is faster and easier to implement in our website and also for our client to pay.

In the past we only took 30% deposit fom our customer so taht we can pay for the hotels in advance and reserve ticket for the attractions and the remaining balance is paid directly to us once the client start the tour.

Because of a growing demand from our client to pay the full paymnet rather than travel with a cash, we decided to accept full paymnet via paypal and that worked very well even though we had to absorb high fees.

yesterday, i got a notification that our account is limited and we need to submit soem documents, our account of course has been verified with 2 accounts and a credit card.

we then submitted a registration certificate of teh business, bank statments, photo ID, we also been asked for invoices, so all invoices are actually inside paypal and tehy can see them.

We then supplied all teh booking confirmations taht we made for our clients in variouys hotels and luxury riads.

Papal called me and said , hmmmm because you book some tours let say 30 days before teh actual departure tour, we have to hold 50% of any funds for 180 days.

so let em explain teh problem:

you book a tour with us for 5000$, 

the hotels and accommodation is 2500$, the transportation taht we need to book is 2000$, the guides is 300 and the profit is 200$.

if we do what paypal want since they realy want to help small business:

we will get 2500 released, we pay 2500 for the hotels, how can we pay any other items that rae needed for the tour???? 

I believe that this is not ethical, not good business and very unfair.

basically one person inside the entire Pyapal company has ruined my business in just 2 minutes.

Anyone who knows how to appeal this case or how can i get in touch with any reasonable person inside paypal, please let me know and i really appreciate your help.

Regards

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.