what is PIN/Password? Is it PIN or is it Password???

oberammergau
Contributor
Contributor
I was trying to add another bank account. the process required "PIN/Password" Top line was login ID There is a PIN for those kind of bank checking accounts. Used mainly for ATM cards. There is a password, used mainly to login online. Which is it then? PIN or PW? Isn't it a be silly to give out my login ID and Login P/W ? Doesn't seem to terribly prudent.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi oberammergau,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm happy to hear that you are concerned about entering your bank login information into a website other than the bank website.

When you add a bank to a US PayPal account, there are possibly two methods for confirming the bank.  As you saw, one method involves entering the user name and password for your bank's website.  Depending on your bank, they may refer to that as a password or a PIN but that page always refers to the password you enter when logging into the bank website.  Once that information is provided, we might be able to instantly verify the bank account so you can use it right away.  This option is not available for all banks.

The other option is to wait 2-5 business days for two small deposits to clear into your bank account.  The deposits are random amounts between $.01 and $.99 USD .  You would then enter those values on the PayPal website.  This option is always available for PayPal compatible banks if you prefer not to enter the bank login information.  The downside is that this process is slower.

I hope this helps to clarify this system. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi oberammergau,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm happy to hear that you are concerned about entering your bank login information into a website other than the bank website.

When you add a bank to a US PayPal account, there are possibly two methods for confirming the bank.  As you saw, one method involves entering the user name and password for your bank's website.  Depending on your bank, they may refer to that as a password or a PIN but that page always refers to the password you enter when logging into the bank website.  Once that information is provided, we might be able to instantly verify the bank account so you can use it right away.  This option is not available for all banks.

The other option is to wait 2-5 business days for two small deposits to clear into your bank account.  The deposits are random amounts between $.01 and $.99 USD .  You would then enter those values on the PayPal website.  This option is always available for PayPal compatible banks if you prefer not to enter the bank login information.  The downside is that this process is slower.

I hope this helps to clarify this system. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

oberammergau
Contributor
Contributor
OK thanks. That answers it. I seemed to have opted for the deposits as they went through today. Thanks a lot.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.