can't download statements

deelpc
Contributor
Contributor

Error message - "Sorry, our system took too long to complete your request. Please try your request again in a few minutes.
If you need further assistance, please visit the Help Center."   But have been trying for the past few hours now...  still no result.

Anyone know what this is about?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

photop
Contributor
Contributor

Same here...still trying to figure it out...4/15 is looming!

Login to Me Too

princess3795
Contributor
Contributor

same here, hope that is going to be resolved soon, IRS is not happy without

Login to Me Too

Fans2sell
New Community Member

Don't count on any Paypal resolution.  I have tried for 2 days, sent numerous messages (all with a canned response on "how to download statements and clear my cashe"). Also have called twice, left on hold both times without ever getting anyone from customer support to pick up (once was through an entire lunch hour....that is horrible). They clearly don't care and won't respond.  Their lack of customer service is why they have lost SO many consumers and will continue to do so.

Login to Me Too

SailingAlong
Contributor
Contributor

Glad I am not the only one.  I've been trying for 2 hrs to download my recent statements.  Trying to reconcile activity from their "Summary" page is ridiculous.  Why can't they just provide bank-like or credit-card like transactions view like everyone else.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@SailingAlong

From your PayPal Summary or Activity page, use the "Classic Site" link at the bottom of the page to view your History page. Be sure you have the correct date range entered... this may take two tries because sometimes the selected date range reverts back to the previous setting.

You can view all activity since you opened your PayPal account.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Renee3
New Community Member

Thanks for your post!!  I've been trying to download statements and getting the same error message as others.  I tried your method and it worked.  I had to do it a couple of times because, as you said, the date would jump to another date.  From the "classic site" I entered Jan 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015, and the whole year came up.  I went to each page and hit "print" and just made pdfs for each page.  Thanks again!!

Login to Me Too

dlparker
Contributor
Contributor

Didn't work for me. This has been occurring since 2014. Surely the folks at PayPal recognize the importance of being able to access our monthly statements. I can't believe they are totally unprepared for the inevitable rush at tax time.

Login to Me Too

MCSF
New Community Member

The Classic View solution worked for me for now. But where you select it, it says this will only be available for a limited time. I sure hope they correct the problem on the new site before they close down access to the old one!!

Login to Me Too

rahobby
Contributor
Contributor

The download history page appears to be exactly same on classic site.  It does  not work for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.