can't close account online

rlonghitano
Contributor
Contributor

I no longer need my buisness pro account.  I'm went to the "Close Account" section and followed the prompts.  When I get to the page with the Close Account button and click on it it goes to a page that say's

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

been doing this for 2 days.  How can I close this account before being charged my $30 monthly fee?

rob

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Make sure you have no outstanding issues.   Sounds like you're also using Pro.  You need to cancel that first, then you can close your account:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/189/kw/cancel%20payments%20pro

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Make sure you have no outstanding issues.   Sounds like you're also using Pro.  You need to cancel that first, then you can close your account:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/189/kw/cancel%20payments%20pro

Login to Me Too

rlonghitano
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, yes I had a Pro account.  I sent CS a note and they sent me instructions on how to cancel the Pro feature so all is good now.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Nice.   (don't forget to mark your post as "solved", else someone will tag a different question to your post.)

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

omgfnm1
New Community Member

My account no longer works on my card thats why i would like to close this PayPal account down please. Thank you very much and have a blessed weekend.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ony you can close your account.  It's not something that can be done by the public community forum or customer support.

Make sure you have no outstanding issue or transactions.  Then remove any linked bank accounts and credit cards.  After that you can close the account.   Note, if you have any issues, claims, or open transactions, you cannot close the account until everything is resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.