When sending payment, will the receiver see the current primary email address ?

snow1122
Contributor
Contributor

As a Buyer, I want to keep my email safe when I send money out to Paypal sellers so I have set up a Primary Email address which is different from the email address I use to log on.

When Paypal sellers receive money , do they see my email login or primary email address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If someone sends to email address a, that's what they see.

If someone sends to email address b, that's what they see.

If you send to anyone, they see your primary email address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Primary.

Having additional email addresses linked and confirmed are for receiving funds, not sending funds.  (That's an entirely different topic.)

Login to Me Too

snow1122
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so let me get this straight,

If I set up two more email addresses on paypal and two different people and each one of them sends it to my email ending in 1 and 2, it would show under their transaction that the email on each their end shows 1 and 2?

Example

Bob sends to my email 1@yahoo and checks the transaction. It shows my email that he sent money to 1@yahoo.

Tiffany sends to my email 2@yahoo and checks the transaction. It shows my email that she sent it to 2@yahoo.

I noticed that if I send money to Bob and Tiffany, they will see my email change when my primary email change. But if they send me money and both emails I give them are different (1@yahoo and 2@yahoo), it won't change right?

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If someone sends to email address a, that's what they see.

If someone sends to email address b, that's what they see.

If you send to anyone, they see your primary email address.

Login to Me Too

snow1122
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I been wanting to know this question for MONTHS

Login to Me Too

snow1122
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

"If you send to anyone, they see your primary email address." 

When you meant by "Primary Email Address", Do you mean the email address that I originally signed up for or the email addresses that I created in my paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.