What type of account have I got

jayn46
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone please tell  me how I find out if I have an ordinary personal account or a premier. I went to uograde to premier but can only see an option to upgrade to business.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is a member to member help group, we cannot look at your account details.  Suggest that you contact customer support with your concerns.  You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi jayn46 -

Snowshoe is definitely right, contacting our customer service is one option that would work. 🙂 The reason you're not seeing the premier option is because we've retired that as an account type - you can have either a personal or business account.

One of the reasons for this is that most of the features on a premier account were already available on a personal account, and if you need some of the extra features (having to do with sales), it would be best to use the tools on a business account.

Hope that helps explain a little bit why you're not seeing that as an option!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

jayn46
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, that was very helpful. I quite often come accross references to this Premier account. At last I have been put out of my misery, it doesn't exist. As for getting in touch with Customer services, all they do is reply with an automated reply with FAQ's listed.
Login to Me Too

Mrcap
New Community Member

To this day there are still many references to this account type within PayPals documents and help files making this confusing to the user. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

yes it does seem daft, but a premier account is basically a business account used by a non-registered business ie an individual seller on ebay etc just selling stuff he no longer wants.

Where as a business seller is a registered business.

To make it similar to the old premier account you just select the "individual" tab when registering a business account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.