We were unable to verify the billing address for this card.

MartynBlackburn
Contributor
Contributor

I joined paypal some weeks ago and have had numerous problems since. The first was getting verified (which has now been resolved). The second was this constant error message: We were unable to verify the billing address for this card.

I have been sent two paypal codes already and was told that none of them match - whatever that means? The second code is for verification? huh. I'm already verified, arent I?

I have added my debit card numerous times and it always fails.

I spoke with customer service and got a barrage of information unrelated to my problem. I was aksed to re-try all the steps. But nothing worked.

I was aksed to talk to my bank to see if the address was the same one on the card. Why wouldn't it be? I get mail from the bank going to my current address, and my old address is no longer associated with that card. My bank says that this is a paypal issue.

But Paypal are adamant it is a bank issue.

No joy.

I spoke with a paypal adviser who said that she would try to resolve the problem. 4 days later and nothing and the response is: please ring the number on the back of your card to resolve the issue. Huh?

I'm hardly going to pester the bank about this because the address on the card is clearly my current address and no other address is associated with it!

I cannot use another card but I don't have one. And the bank don't do "virtual cards". But if the bank says this is a paypal issue and paypal says it is a bank issue then I guess the issue doesn't exist and paypal doesn't exist and I don't exist and all this is a bad dream!

Someone pinch me!

Man Sad

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.