Wallet page BLANK? Debit card REMOVED by paypal ? ODD?!!

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

I used my account in last week.

Yesterday, could not pay a seller.

Checked paypal 'wallet' page comes up BLANK? 

Asking me to add a new card. Will not accept the one that was on there LAST WEEK.

Messaged paypal. They say "bank must have declined/removed card"

NO Bank did NOT, as account in good funds.

So WHY has Paypal REMOVED my valid debit card? and WHY can I not put it back on account???

I also added my current bank account to paypal as requested via help 'process' , added code from my bank for DD.

All ok.Still I cant use paypal to pay for anything??!

(and they wonder why people hate having to use paypal..)

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

I have been panicking as I have needed to refund a buyer.

I thought it might FORCE the bank verification process, and it did! predictably paypal ALWAYS ONLY works when it wants your details/money....

Refund done, so buyer sorted BUT I just noticed that it says that 'status' I am tranferring funds into my paypal by 'echeque' ?? 

WHY? never seen this 'echeque thing' before? what is it? it had better not cost me anything?!

WTF is GOING ON PAYPAL??

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

just checked.

I paid someone on ebay 29.8.15 all ok ( with my debit card)

24hrs later debit card is no longer on account, and it wont let me 're-add it' so I cant use paypal now?

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

There is also a thread going on the 'account payments' board : https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Can-t-send-money-with-my-Paypal-credit/m-p/995152...

So clearly Paypal is F.ing with our accounts again for no good reason again today..

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

OK so I clicked 'classic site' and now I can see in my wallet again. 

I assume Paypal is doing some sort of software update/glich that my computer does'nt like. Helpful.

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

my account is not limited but I cant use it either. Customer service are useless and NEVER correctly address your problem with a straight answer.

On a positive note, not having paypal working is saving me £! as I cancelled my bids on ebay lol!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.