Very frustrated!

asukasuka
New Community Member

All I did when confirming my identity is miss one number on my SSN... and my whole account is banned from adding money until I send PayPal all these ridiculous forms I don't even know about in order to resolve the problem.

It's asking for a form of ID, which I know about. I scanned my passport.

Then it's asking for proof of address?? I'm a minor living with my parents – how am I supposed to know where to get a utility bill that is not older than 6 months? And even if I do get a utility bill my name won't be on it so how do I prove that I live here?

WHY do I even have to prove that I live in my house?

It's also asking for a copy of an official document holding my social security number. I have no idea how I can access that or where that kind of document exists.

I just messed up ONE NUMBER on my social security number! Why is PayPal suddenly demanding that I show them all these documents? I just want to add money onto my account and live in peace!

Is there an easier way I can do this? Can I get in contact with someone working in PayPal so I can finally PROVE that I'm a real person and bypass all this document bullcrap?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are a minor and under 18 then you should not even have a paypal account.

If you are over 18 then you should be grown up enough to understand the importance of providing correct information on a legal document.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.