The new paypal format is being forced upon us

paul44
Contributor
Contributor

I use two paypal accounts. One just a while ago was familiar but logging in to the other I had some new format which quite simply is poor. It's very much less professional and awful. To be honest if I asked a work experience student to design a new look it would be like this, amateurish, poorly constructed and badly presented.

So I phoned PayPal and was told that this new look was going to replace the old (classic) and there was nothing I could do about it except get used to it.

Nothing more to say, she was poilite but ended saying "thankyou for using PayPal". I replied that if I could I would not use PayPal any longer with it looking like it is, but one's hands are tied.

1 out of 10 for the new, compared to 10 out of 10 for the old.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Sirivor
Contributor
Contributor

The option to revert to Classic is there now but I suspect not for much longer.  The lack of the archive facility on the opening page of the new format makes tracking old and new orders a nightmare when you log in.  If Paypal retain the functionality of the original format and bundle it with a designers dream layout no problem.  To let the programmers loose to design a fancy site whilst cutting out some of  the tried and tested features of the original site shows someone upstairs has totally lost touch with their customers.... 

Login to Me Too

Karen_V
New Community Member

Do you still see an option to switch to Classic?  I have spent the last half hour being extremely frustrated as I cannot find any option at the bottom of the screen or under "More", as previously suggested in other posts. 

This "dumbing down" to be able to view on a smart phone is so frustrating.  I look at Paypal on a real computer, it used to take one click to be able to see all my fees on the right side of the transactions, now I have to click on each listing.  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

Aquabarrel
Contributor
Contributor

not sure about mobile... but on computer - drop down menu "More" you should see Customer, resolution center, site feedback, site map, SWITCH TO CLASSIC, welcome tour.

Click on Switch to Classic

Next page: Look below the big blue button that says Try Again

"Switch to Classic" - that will take you back

At one time I was able NOT to have to do that on every log in but something has changed again 😞

When the pop up comes I just rant in the little box to vent and send

Good luck

Login to Me Too

Sirivor
Contributor
Contributor

Same on my PC (windows 7 and Firefox).  I switch every every few hours from classic to new and back just to get the "why are you changing" box where I can vent my frustration and the lack of the archive function on the new version.  Dont suppose it will do much but if anough users complain Paypal might actually realise what a retrograde step their new "user friendly experience" is.  I am hoping that the fact the ability to change is still available might mean they are listening....

Login to Me Too

DuroF1
Contributor
Contributor

As of Saturday, 4/24/16, Classic is no longer available.  PayPal also, supposedly, has severed ties with U.S Post Office which  means you can no longer print shpping labels if you have not received payment via PayPal.

Of course, you still cannot print Int'l shipping labels because you can keep entering customs information but the site is not designed to accept it and will keep showing the red flag.

And the idiots did not even have the courtesy to make this announcement.  I had to jump all over the site for 20 mins to find shipping option.  Finally I called and the rep who answered gave this information and kept on repeating .. we understand, yada, yada, yada.  If they understood, why would they redesign the site making it completely useless ??????????

The new format was probably designed by some twit who may have a MBA degree but no common sense.  Never ceases to amaze me that corps believe changing a site for the sake of changing a site makes sense.  We, the users, made PayPal successful but now they have made it so user unfriendly and hard to use.  In Classic, you could see at a glance payments received and payments sent.  Everything was one click which is no longer. 

Guess, they dont need us any more !!!!!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal postage is through Pitney-Bowes, not the U. S. Post Office.  Pitney-Bowes has the contract with the postal service to give the discounts.

Worse, the USPS.com stopped giving discounts for online labels.  My guess is that had to do with Pitney-Bowes and others who didn't like the discount competition directly with USPS.

Login to Me Too

Aquabarrel
Contributor
Contributor

So here's the $50 question - if it sucks so much (I could not agree more - I have sent countless suggestions to deaf ears) who is everyone switcing to? I have just started to look around - sharing the good amoungst us is better then the **bleep** train to no where....

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As much as I dislike the new graphic display I haven't found a better option for credit card payments.  I use PayPal Here and it is the only Android app that works with a bluetooth printer.  The PayPal Here inventory also uses bar code. 

Square for in-person payments does not have a bluetooth printer option for Android, nor bar codes.

I like FirstData, but the smartphone app is really bad, and no printing receipts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.