Switching to new interface on a student account

NikolasDude
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else with a student account getting this problem? It wont let me switch over and this UI looks so old

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Not every PayPal account has been switched (or provides the option to switch) as of yet.  All of the functionality is the same, though, so you're not missing out on anything having the old interface.  I personally still prefer the old one myself.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

NikolasDude
Contributor
Contributor

I just want  my interface to look clean, Paypal seems a bit slow with updating to the new interface, as it has been like this for a year now or so

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I think they're spending more of their resources on ensuring that the billions of dollars getting moved through their system is secure rather than making the UI look good.  😉

I do know they're working on it.  They do have the new interface launched on many PayPal accounts, and they've also been split testing different checkout experiences (pages designs) with PayPal Standard and Express Checkout pages.  

Shouldn't be too much longer before that stuff is rolled out across the board.  There's a slim chance you could call and request the new design and they might be able to do it for you.  Or, if you were to create a new, fresh PayPal account the odds are that it would get the new stuff.  Up to you if that hassle would be worth it or not.

Login to Me Too

NikolasDude
Contributor
Contributor

For people with my problem, they can use the link: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/home 

to have the new clean design. but it is really tedious and when signing in you have to re enter the link.

Hopefully they give everyone the new look soon so I dont have to worry about that method

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Glad you found that.  

In my accounts I actually have a small link at the very top of the page that lets me "Switch to New Design" or "Switch to Classic Design" depending on which one I currently have loaded.  Are you not seeing that in your account?

Login to Me Too

NikolasDude
Contributor
Contributor

I believe they have a decreased and lesser interface for the student accounts. But no I dont see that, It could be because Paypal says its processing my account for the Paypal Student card. not sure though. hopefully they can get that done soon, It has been taking months

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.