Setting manual withdrawl

OL1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Two years ago I sold on eBay. When  I got the payment it was immediately transferred to my credit card.

What setting should I change to make it not do this automatically?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

That's not something they've ever had available to enable/disable within the profile.  For that you just have to call and request that they turn it on for you.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I'm a little confused.  You're saying that when you sold something on eBay and received the payment it was placed on your credit card..??  That doesn't make sense.  Please clarify.

Login to Me Too

OL1
Contributor
Contributor

There were two steps:

1. I got paid to PP.

2. PP credited the received money to my credit card.

I want the money from my next sale to remain in my PP account (because of exchange rates for selling and then buying USD).

How do I set this?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Something else must have happened for that to take place.  PayPal doesn't just load funds onto a credit card.  That would technically be what's called a "Non Referenced Credit" and that's not even something that's available with PayPal outside of using the API to do it, which would be a very specific application.

Money in your PayPal won't simply be sent anywhere at all without you actually logging in and doing it.  The only way it would happen automatically is if you've called PayPal and specifically requested that they enable "auto-sweep" for you, which would automatically withdrawal your PayPal balance to your bank at the end of each day, but that wouldn't be crediting a credit card account.

Login to Me Too

OL1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

Where can I check to see "auto-sweep" setting is on?

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

That's not something they've ever had available to enable/disable within the profile.  For that you just have to call and request that they turn it on for you.

Login to Me Too

OL1
Contributor
Contributor

Got it.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.