Set an inactive 'preapproved payment' to active

Metaphore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi !

I wanted to know how to get back an inactive preapproved payment to active. Some months ago, I disabled the preapproved payment from a marchant, because I wanted to stop a payment, but now I want it back but I can't find any setting to do that.

Where and how can I do this ? It is possible ? I asked on the french forums before and nobody can answer me, so I come here and I hope this community knows more.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Metaphore!

That is a wonderful question. 🙂

Preapproved payments are set up and initiated directly on the merchant's website. There is an opportunity to cancel them through the Profile > Preapproved Payment section in PayPal, but there is not an option to reactivate them. You will need to visit the merchant's website to set up and create a new preapproved payment. I apologzie for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. 

- Krystin 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Metaphore!

That is a wonderful question. 🙂

Preapproved payments are set up and initiated directly on the merchant's website. There is an opportunity to cancel them through the Profile > Preapproved Payment section in PayPal, but there is not an option to reactivate them. You will need to visit the merchant's website to set up and create a new preapproved payment. I apologzie for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. 

- Krystin 

Login to Me Too

Metaphore
Contributor
Contributor

Finally someone who can help me \o/

It's completly understandable, it's what I wanted to know.

Big tanks for these informations, I'll see on the merchant's website and do what's needed. I've deleted my actual paypal account in the list of my settings and I wait to buy a new article to set it up again.

Tank you again, good job.

Cordially.

Login to Me Too

cvillegal
Contributor
Contributor

there used to be a way to toggle it on the old classic view

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.