Security check- Account access

m_Herrle
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paypal, thanks for the trouble you have put me through.

Sorry but this is the worst customer service i have encountered in my whole life.
I have been hearing and reading a lot of negative stories about Paypal and i was some worth skeptical about it all until today.

I tried login into my Paypal account with the same email,same password,same computer,same network which i used in setting
up my Paypal account but i got a notification saying i should verify my phone number by receiving a text or phone call.
I even used the same PC to apply for a Paypal smart connect a few hours before this.

I clicked on receive text message hoping to receive a message from Paypal. I waited almost 25 minutes and no message then i tried the call option and that still i didn't receive any phone call so i had to call customer support to help me get into my account.

10 minutes later a lady picked up saying the issue is from the server i'm logging in from. The **bleep** this means i don't know!
I told her i'm at work and obviously work computers and network do have there own policies in regards to network traffic
and as such all connections must go through it's hosting provider. I told her this is the same computer and network i used in setting up my account and applied for my Paypal card just minutes ago.

She insisted i have to login with my phone and reset the password then she sent me a 5 digit code. By using my phone and the 5 digit code i was able to reset my password. I tried logging, unfortunately the same privacy message shows up telling my to verify before accessing my account. This right here is totally unacceptable the same reason i called the same issue happening again.  For goodness sake, is Paypal caring about where you are logging in from or who is accessing the account ?

All financial institutions i have dealt with in the past years all care about who is logging into the account which is why i called, and all the Paypal  Rep would have done was just verify my identity with background check records or some sort of financial records question which i only can be  able to answer and reset the password in just 2 minutes instead of telling me to login here and there (from a network aside my work place)

This is totally unacceptable and kept me wondering assuming a bad guy was trying to get into my Paypal account to make purchases and calls Paypal pretending to be me, all he has to do is login from lets say a Verizon home network and Boom his into my account makes purchases and disappears. This is very bad. Please kindly fix my account so i can have access.

Thanks
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.