Request for Photo ID and proof of address

RED666S
Contributor
Contributor

I have been asked to provide photo ID and proof of address for my account restrictions to be lifted. However no-one at PayPal is prepared to answer my questions:

Why all of a sudden do you need this - you are not asking anyone else in my family?

My account is verified - does this mean nothing?

Can I hide my passport number when I send it over? If not why not?

Why can't I use my driving license as both - it fits the criteria for both!

Why can your call centre not answer the simple question of why you need this information*?

* called today and was rudely told to just send it as they need it and he cannot tell me why and if I dont send it I cant use PayPal.

If my bank asked for this information they would at least have the decency to tell me why.

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Jan2014
Contributor
Contributor

no mate i dint theya re still **bleep** around stupid people ive uploaded my student id card then uploaded bank statement for address and still ask for same **bleep** either they release my money its only £87 into my account and close my account down or take the **bleep** limittion off paypal are you listening

Login to Me Too

Jan2014
Contributor
Contributor

HELLO PAYPAL WHY HAVENT YOU ANSWERED ME IM TRYING TO UPLOAD MY PHOTO ID IVE RUN OUT OF SPACE ON RESOLUTION CENTER AND IM NOT PAYING FOR FAX

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Jan2014,

I understand that you may be frustrated with this however please understand we as moderators here are unable to view your PayPal account.

If you are out of space on your resolution centre then you would need to contact us directly so we can allow some more space for you.

You can contact us via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Thanks for posting.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Jan2014
Contributor
Contributor

hi ive done that asked them on facebook here is reply dont forget this was 3 days ago

Hi there, if you are uploading a proof of identification document we would need a copy of your passport or drivers licence. If you do not have either of these the alternative would be a copy of your birth certificate along with a government issued letter. If you do not have a birth certificate you can obtain a copy of one from your local general register office. We will escalate your request to have more space added to the Resolution Centre of your account so you should be good to upload this after 1 hour. Siobhan

so someone called siobhan said it would be 1 hour that was on friday
im waiting to upload my police record to paypal for evidence
give me more space to upload thats all i wont so i can get my account back to normal
ALSO I NEED TO REFUND A EBAY BUYER BUT IT WONT LET ME WHY SHOULD MY CUSTOMERS HAVE TO WAIT TILL **bleep** HEAD PAYPAL GET THERE HEAD OUT OF THERE BACK SIDES COME ON HURRY UP CUSTOMERS WAITING ORDERS TO FULFILL
AT LEAST LET ME REFUND A CUSTOMER MR DARREN PARK FOR LOST ITEM IN ROYAL MAIL
Login to Me Too

mattb2
New Community Member

I've had limits on my account and i have uploaded 3 THREE!!! different types of ID... had NO replies from paypal and still have limits on accounts. Absolute farce. 

Login to Me Too

taylor3boys
Contributor
Contributor
I need some serious help! I've been getting the request to add my SS or Tax ID to my profile. Every time I tried to do that, it said I couldn't add or change anything, basically. So I get another email telling me I need to do it or my account will be limited. I called PayPal about an hour ago. The guy was very nice. Said I just needed to go to the Resolution Center and upload a pic of my SS card. Umm..there's no place to upload anything! I don't feel like dealing with another phone call. Does anyone know what I can do? I have to be able to send these invoices for my boss.
Login to Me Too

Nogger
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had this same message today 😞 Have been using paypal / ebay pretty much since it's inception. Why all of a sudden this request? 

Seems way over the top - I have never ever provided this kind of proof to my bank, why should I do it on line? As suggested in a previous post, seems like a gift wrapping to anyone able to hack into my acount. Not only will they have account details, now they will have my photo for a fake passport, verified address etc etc

crime wave coming your way?

sorry but this is deal breaker. Sounds like goodbye paypal - and therefore e-bay 😞

Login to Me Too

ZeeBree2008
Contributor
Contributor
Hmmmm. I've been using it for years too, but more lately than ever, you know, for the odd £1/£2/£10 purchase here and there off eBay! However, tried to make a payment for my daughters bday present on Friday, PayPal wouldn't allow me to log in, so I changed my password, same again, and again, and again! Called them... 'Ooh, not seen this before, I'll have to escalate to a manager and someone will come back to you'. As a result, I had to upload my passport... they emailed 'not clear enough - licence or other govt doc please' ... So they have a copy of my licence and passport! My theory, they purposely and randomly set problems on accounts so that they can ask for documents to reinstate accounts. Either that or they genuinely thought I've been money laundering..... After all, I must've spent about £300 on eBay in 8 years! What a complete load of bollocks! Get a grip PayPal as you're just annoying people, and, while we are at it, I hope you've removed my licence and passport off your system as with the data protection act 'used only for the purpose it was requested' and yes, you've verified who I am, that's what you wanted them for after all!
Login to Me Too

Nogger
Contributor
Contributor

Now ebay are moaning because paypal are refusing to release payment for the fees I owe! WTF?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Nogger,

Thanks for posting in the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are having these difficulties. As advised in a previous post, PayPal usually asks for this information when you have reached or are close to reaching the receiving limit on your account.

Since PayPal is regulated as an online bank, we are required to comply with certain financial regulations and as part of these regulations, we need to request additional information from our customers. You can find more information here

We understand that this information is sensitive and this is why we ask you to upload it securely through the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account.

Hope this helps. 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.