_* Remove Old Credit Card From My Account ?

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Had a problem with my old credit card and had to cancel it and the credit card company
sent me a new card. 
I added the new credit card to my account.  I want to remove that old
credit card ( it has been cancelled with my
credit card company)... But when I click on remove it comes up with this statement in a box >

" You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending."
 Already says "confirmed" next to my newly listed card... But when will I be able to go into my account and remove my Old cancelled card ?

Thanks !!  Cat Sad

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JohnReam
Contributor
Contributor

Any answer to this one yet?   We're getting the same issue trying to REMOVE an old useless and now cancelled credit card.   The reminders from PayPAl to update the expiration date are very annoying.  We added the new credit card months ago, made that one Primary, and ever since we've been trying to get rid of the old card on file.

The error " You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending." actually is a little disconcerning since we have no activity right now, so what's the pending authorization?  Is someone hacking into our account?   

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@JohnReam wrote:

Any answer to this one yet?   We're getting the same issue trying to REMOVE an old useless and now cancelled credit card.   The reminders from PayPAl to update the expiration date are very annoying.  We added the new credit card months ago, made that one Primary, and ever since we've been trying to get rid of the old card on file.

The error " You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending." actually is a little disconcerning since we have no activity right now, so what's the pending authorization?  Is someone hacking into our account?   

Hi...

Yes, I had this problem... and was advised by Paypa_Adrian  to wait a couple days after getting that message *

If you need to replace a credit card ( I had to cancel mine ).... you should Add a new one first.... then try to remove the old one.... but, like I mentioned... you need to wait a couple or so days  so your new card can go through the process and and your account updates....  after I waited a few days I was able to go into the page where my credit cards were listed and click on the remove button... and it did disappear.....  If you still have trouble, I would call Paypal and explain you have already added a new card and want to remove the old one .... and any error message you get is still coming up... they should be able to remove the card you want...  look for a contact us  link on most pages... then they give you a phone # and a code #  to call them....

JeanQ&A

Login to Me Too

JohnReam
Contributor
Contributor

Jean, thanks for the reply.

BUT this is obviously a BUG in the PayPal website programming.     

I think they should address this one soon because

1. it involves customer credit cards, holy smokes isn't this reason enough?
  2. a lot of good minded and smart folks have seen the same problem, i.e. stop blaming me.
  3. I'm tried of yet another paypal inability/unwillingness to address problems.

PAYPAL?  Hello?  Anyone there?      I think I'll send a handwritten letter to the CEO of Ebay....

Login to Me Too

Manda_K
New Community Member

I came here for an answer to this very question! I have a really old card listed and it gives me the same error that an authorization is pending. Well, I haven't even had the card in question for about 2 years, the account is closed, there is no authorization pending. Please let me delete it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.