Question about the Process of changing email address

marcyd
Contributor
Contributor

I went into my paypal profile to change my email address, since the one on file was no good anymore.  I entered my password again and then went thru the required confirmation email that was sent to me.  Then, before they would change my email address, I was told to enter the complete account numbers of my credit card and checking account.  Is this really necessary?  I always get nervous when asked to enter account numbers, and Paypal already has that information.  Also, when I looked at the "how to change email address" paragraph, it mentioned nothing about needing to enter this information, so I wondered if something "phishy" was going on and maybe I wasn't even on the REAL Paypal site.  Needless to say, I have not followed through with the request for account numbers, so therefore, my email address hasn't been changed and I can't get any correspondence from Paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's a security check, you need to follow the instructions, else you can't change the address.  Unfortunately there's no work arounds.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's a security check, you need to follow the instructions, else you can't change the address.  Unfortunately there's no work arounds.

Login to Me Too

andrea_l_beer
New Community Member

how di i change my email

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.