Problems logging in?!

thetomsid1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

Well I have been having problems logging in to paypal for over 2 weeks now.
I have emailed customer support various times and have recieved phone calls from them trying to resolve this problem.

My problem is that when I try to log in all I get is the "One moment..." and the loading symbol until it times out.
I have literally tried everything, cleared my cache , cleared cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled my browser I even downloaded a completely diferent browser, tried logging in on various computers (home computer, work computer, firends computer) and still nothing worked.

What I figured out by myself is if I modify the URL, and remove this:
"&login_cmd=_login-done&login_access=xxxxxxxxxx"

And just leave "https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-processing"

That finally redirects me to a page that says: "Sorry — your last action could not be completed"
But on this page I can access some of the links, but I cannot access my account overview.

So this leads me to believe that I cannot log in properly because I can't access my account overview. (When you log in, it normally redirects you to your account overview) (I cannot access my account overview for some reason, therefore have problems logging in).

So, has any one else had / have this problem? How did you fix it? What should I do? I have explained to customer support exactly like this and they do not have a clue...

Thanks. Tom

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just something to try - here's a shortcut URL that should take you to your Account Profile settings, see if you can go anywhere else in your account after you login:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Assuming you're not logged into your account, copy and paste the URL into your web browser, then press "enter".  You should get a PayPal Login Screen. After you login, you should be redirected.

Login to Me Too

thetomsid1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes after I sign in there, it perfectly redirects me to my profile.

After trying and seeing what tabs I can actually get to the results are:

What I can go to (What loads): "Top Up" , "Withdraw" , "Resolution Center" , "Profile",  "Send Money" tab , "Request" tab, "Merchant services" tab and the "Auction tools" tab.

What I can't access (Doesn't load): "Overview" , "History"

**After trying to go back to the "Account tab" I couldn't after going to the other tabs.** 

Very weird huh? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

thetomsid1
Contributor
Contributor

So on Wednesday night, I tried to log in and surprisingly it redirected me to my account overview, I was shocked and thought PayPal has finally sorted my account out. I replied thanking them and saying to them that what ever they had done they fixed it.

Now tonight (3rd of October) I have just tried to log in and now it isn't re directing me to my account overview, so the problem is back again.
Seems to me whatever they done was just a 48hr temporary fix.

This is so beeping frustrating -.-

Login to Me Too

sandramedley
New Community Member

I have had this problem every since I made my account too. The credit card stuff wouldn't even work but finally the transactions were made so I could confirm my bank account. When I called numerous times they did not know what was wrong said to call my internet provider so I did. That made me look like a fool because my internet provider said it had nothing to do with them (which I thought so in the first place). They then said it was my computer to fix the cookies and such. I did that and restarted my computer and also turned my computer off then back on and re-deleted any cookies. I also changed every setting I could think of which let me to getting locked out of my chrome account on my lap top thanks to them saying it was on my part!!! I called again, so they asked well have you tried your cell phone....I did and it wasn't working so they had me to download the paypal app on my phone. That didn't work ither, it says there is a problem reaching your account please try again later.... After all of this they STILL cannot seem to figure out what is wrong and told me to go ahead and ship my product, said the buyer already paid for it. Well it shows they paid for it but it has been a week now and still nothing has shown up in my bank account. They swear it's in there that it shows it is and I have even went down to my bank everyday to check because if someone buys something they want it asap!!! These people have ruined things for me, I'm probably losing my sell over this I mean who in their right mind would ship a product without receiving the money into their account. Maybe back when I was naive but I've learned my lesson on trusting anyone. Now seeing as the information above has worked for me somewhat enough so I could confirm issues it's doing the same thing the lady who posted this has been doing. It won't let me into the overview and other things yet others work so thank goodness for the guy above. Without his information, I'd probably completely lose my sell. Maybe I can actually make this work now, it seems to be somewhat so far. Oh also Paypal says no one else in having this issue, well I am having it too so you're not alone!!!

Login to Me Too

Rego1
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. I can also do what the guy above offered but other than that I cannot access hardly any of the pages. Very frustrating especially when you are trying to conduct business. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.