Problem entering bank acct number when changing security questions

AliShibaz
Contributor
Contributor

I want to change the answers to my security questions. I read some Help info that told me to click on the icon next to "Log Out" and then click on "Security". I saw one of the options dealt with the Security Questions and when I clicked on "Revise", the web site insists I enter my bank account number. I have tried many different formats but every time I try to enter my bank account number, I get the following error message:

"Some information is missing or incorrect. Please convert your entries and try again."

I need to know the correct format to enter my bank account number.

When I look at one of my bank checks, I see the following numbers at the bottom of the check. I will use "X" instead of the actual numerals:

XXX XXXXX XXX XXXXX XX

There are 18 numbers as shown above. I know that some of these are the bank account number but others are things like the transit number or branch number.

Which of these 18 numbers are the bank account number and what is the correct format I should use when entering them? By that, I mean what is the correct spacing I should use? Do I separate numbers with spaces? Or with hyphens?

The screen that asks for my bank account number displays the last four digits in the bank account number. In order to be precise, perhaps I can ask this in another way. Suppose you see the following 18 letters at the bottom of a bank check:

ABC DEFGH JKL MNOPQ RS

The screen displays the last four digits as "PQRS". But which other digits should I enter and what is the correct format for me to use? In my bank book, the account number is shown as consisting of the following 12 digits:

DEFGH MNOPQRS

But when I enter the corresponding 12 digits formatted with one space after the first five digits, I get that error message.

Can anyone explain just how I need to enter my bank account number?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AliShibaz
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out.

If the following 18 digits appear at the bottom of your bank check:

ABC DEFGH JKL MNOPQ RS

When PayPal asks you to enter your bank account number, the correct digits and correct format is as follows:

MNOPQRS

I hopt that helps anyone else who may experience this same problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.