Problem deleting an old shipping address

neosphorbin
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to delete an old address. I have already added the new address and made it my primary address.

My profile still has my old address. When I try to delete it, it tells me to go into my Wallet and change it for the linked card(s). I did this already, yet still receive this same prompt and I can't delete my old address.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

ronnie52

My knew address is 201 field cresent Shrewsbury sy14pw

Login to Me Too

geon2

its not easy but i got it done...keep trying...this is not a freindly site

Login to Me Too

Echslectir

FIXED IT!

I gave them a call, it's free. Fast and friendly helpdesk guy fixed it within two minutes.

So glad that's finally fixed, it was really annoying me.

Login to Me Too

halissen

I couldn't  give my grandchildren their Christmas presents because of the package was sent to the old address. Doesn't anyone from PayPal read these posts? They sure didn't read my email when I sent a question on this topic. Is PayPal saving money by relying on other customers to answer questions,  instead of creating jobs and hiring qualified people? I am all for user groups helping each other out with tips, but it is a poor business model that doesn't even monitor conversations to detect emerging problems. Go ahead PayPal, show me I'm wrong. Tell us all how to delete old shipping addresses from our credit cards. Better yet, just add a 'remove address' button to the Credit Card information page.

Login to Me Too

Jottoh
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that after years of requests, PayPal still wants to delete old addresses FOR YOU rather than allow you to do it yourself....which is so cute and antiquated. After all this time, it still appears you must contact PayPal customer service, contact them again (and again) and eventually they will do it for you. Meanwhile, everytime I purchase an item through paypal I must manually change my shipment address to the latest in my LONG list of shipment address. I must assume at this point I must addume PayPal does not care and is once again blatently expressing  their indifference to the buyers needs. Did you note all my caustic wording? It kinda felt spiffy so I just let loose on the pointed adjectives. I think I will see what Google wallet can do for me...

Login to Me Too

solar456
New Community Member

I sent Customer Service a message about this including links to this thread. I got an email  addressing me with a name I have not used for 10 years, with information unrelated to deleting old shipping addresses. But I am trying because calling large organizations is bad for my health!

@Jottoh wrote:

It appears that after years of requests, PayPal still wants to delete old addresses FOR YOU rather than allow you to do it yourself....which is so cute and antiquated. After all this time, it still appears you must contact PayPal customer service, contact them again (and again) and eventually they will do it for you. Meanwhile, everytime I purchase an item through paypal I must manually change my shipment address to the latest in my LONG list of shipment address. I must assume at this point I must addume PayPal does not care and is once again blatently expressing  their indifference to the buyers needs. Did you note all my caustic wording? It kinda felt spiffy so I just let loose on the pointed adjectives. I think I will see what Google wallet can do for me...

Login to Me Too

tinkerm
Contributor
Contributor

This is insane.  I cannot use Paypal to order anything anymore.  I called them and was told that I need to specify the address with the vendor when I order.  What?  I have and still goes to my old address which btw.. is not on my account anymore so how is it still sending things there?

This needs to be addressed cannot have this I need my inventory for my buisness when I need it.l

Furious!!

Login to Me Too

UserNotFound

Paypal keeps your old addresses in a ghost file, these can be submitted through a 3rd party when you order from them. 5 years ago I deleted an old address, since then I have used PP at least 50 times with no problem. Today I place an order and it is being shipped to that old address ( THE ONE I DELETED - FROM MY ACCOUNT ). 

Contacted PP and was told flat out I would have to deal with this on my own.

Thanks PP

Login to Me Too

tinkerm
Contributor
Contributor

I would call again and ask to speak to a supervisor.  They were excellent and fixed it for me and have had orders now that come to where they should.   I was told that it can be deleted by Paypal and until it is this can and does happen .. apparently as with you years later.   

Good luck the squeeky wheel gets the oil keep calling..

Login to Me Too

tomcod22
New Community Member

25, 2016 SAME PROBLEM with the old address.  PayPal is just not responsive to a very basic problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.