Problem deleting an old shipping address

neosphorbin
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to delete an old address. I have already added the new address and made it my primary address.

My profile still has my old address. When I try to delete it, it tells me to go into my Wallet and change it for the linked card(s). I did this already, yet still receive this same prompt and I can't delete my old address.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

dreamsinpink
Contributor
Contributor

Super annoying.  The same thing is happening for me.  Plus I can't change my primary email address.  Is there any way to get a real answer from PayPal????

Login to Me Too

ronnie52

I don't know what is going on here with pay pal

Login to Me Too

graitdane
New Community Member

Same problem here. Even tried deleting all forms of payment in the Wallet and that didn't work, either. It wouldn't let me delete the bank account completely, although it did let me delete the debit card.

I did send an e-mail to PayPal about it, but when I submitted my phone number to request a phone call, I got an error that said it couldn't be done and to try again later.

Good grief.

Login to Me Too

mhelm123
New Community Member

Same problem here. This is ridiculous. One of these days I'm going to have a lapse, and I'm not going catch it, and my stuff is going to be delivered to a house I no longer live in. THAT will be the day I delete my PayPal account!

Login to Me Too

AusDF
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  I also get a pointless error message every time I pay for something.  

Login to Me Too

Lucas_M
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having that same problem for a long time! Actually, my account has three different old addresses listed! I just can't find a way to delete them!

Login to Me Too

LForgie
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. This is BEYOND RIDICULOUS

Login to Me Too

MsEmma

It's sooo frustrating! And they keep throwing it back to eBay! Nope, eBay only has my current address. This is ridiculous! 

Login to Me Too

MitchIowa
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here, and it's not just on eBay.  This has been going on for months.  I'm done.  I'm canceling my account.  Three times in the last few months we did not notice the wrong address and packages were sent to our former home.  Fortunately we only moved across town.  But it's still very annoying.  Again.....I'm done.  From now on, if I can't use a credit card, I'll either pay with Google Wallet, or send an old fashioned bank cashiers check.  This is stupid.

Login to Me Too

polivari325
New Community Member
I always have had this problem! I don't know how I fixed the first time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.