Please help me to transfer the funds

andreysc7
Contributor
Contributor

so, here is my story (and its really annoying in this moment) 

I am a freelancer and I have changed the country (from France to Romania) . Everything went fine because before living France I have asked paypal if its ok to add another bank account to the same paypal account. They said yes. 

Yesterday I have made a bank account in Romania and when I tried to add it to my paypal account, SURPRISE... it didn;t worked. It said that i need to add a PEPA country or something similar and Romania was not listed there. Ok, but I have managed to add my credit card. 

I have contacted paypal support and I talked with a guy name Crhistopher :rolleyes: . He said that I need to make a new paypal account because i live in Romania and later I will be able to close the exiting one after I will tranfer the funds. I was **bleep** of but from time to time, things like this happens. 

No problem, I have made a new account and I have managed to add my credit card and my bank account. Now the credit card is linked and confirmed and I am waiting to confirm my bank account too. Meanwhile , I tried to sent 10 euros as a test and it worked. 

Now I wanted to send my economies to my Romanian PP account and I was surprised to see that my French PP account was limited and now I need to send some identity proofs. I have sent a photo of my identity card and a proof of that credit card that I tried to attach to the french paypal account (which now is attached and confirmed to my Romanian PP account) 

Cand someone fron PP staff unlock my PP account quicker ? Its really annoying and since I have some problems with my car I really need those funds. I am using PP from a couple of years but I never expected to be so annoying 😐 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should close your French PayPal account as you need the account to be in your own country.  PayPal likely sees th problem with 2 accounts and had to limit one.

You will need to contact PayPal customer service.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

andreysc7
Contributor
Contributor

of course, I will close it but first I need to transfer the funds, my economies 😐 . I have talked with a guy from PP support staff but most of the time I had the impression that I am talking to a wall 😐 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreysc7

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw your funds AND close your paypal account in your old country before you move.

If paypal suddenly see that your old account is being used in another country then they would limit it as they would think it had been hijacked by a scammer and being used without your consent.

You need to contact customer services to see what they can do to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreysc7
Contributor
Contributor

i understand . Honeslty I didn't thought abut this , to withdraw the money before moving because I didnd't expected to be so strict. 

I have contacted PP support from both account as a proof and now I am waiting . I hope that everything will be solved 

Login to Me Too

andreysc7
Contributor
Contributor
Update : they unlocked my account but when i try to send the funds, all i get is a white blank page
Login to Me Too

andreysc7
Contributor
Contributor

now when I try to send the my funds to my new pp account, it says : We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal.

I have contacted them... and I am waiting to see if I need to send again and again some identity proofs 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreysc7

Are the funds you are sending to your other account in that accounts currency?

If not then you will either have to convert the currency in your paypal balance (fees apply) OR add that currency as a receiving currency on your NEW paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreysc7
Contributor
Contributor

it seems that i need to wait for that mail/approval . This is the message that i got : 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I would like to inform you that the request to have the funds transferred from your French based PayPal account to your Romanian based PayPal account is still open. This means that it has not been attended to yet. This is because all request is being attended to in a first-in, first-out manner.

You will receive a follow up email once it has been done. You can also try sending the funds from your end. Just follow the instructions I previously provided in my email response. Try sending the funds in several payments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to send the funds in several amounts but I got the same message . I cannot send even 1$ 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.