Personal Name Showing Up Instead of Business Name?

mdnet
Contributor
Contributor

I'm the holder of a Business level PayPal account, and I have been for several years. I do selling both online and localized, such as at trade shows. However, on the PayPal mobile app, when consumers search for businesses near them, it shows my real name, not my business name.

This is a highly insecure situation. My legal name isn't shown anywhere online or offline in association with my business, due to previous issues with being stalked by former clients (I do crafts and photography). I don't even see an option where this 'feature' can be turned off where my company is not shown in a localized search result.

It's all well and good if PayPal knows my real name for security and fraud prevention purposes, but there is no reason why that information should ever be shown openly to anyone else without myself providing explicit permission to do so. I run my PayPal as a Business level account for this exact reason, personal privacy.  I do not take PayPal payments for offline services (I accept PayPal Here for credit cards, though), so there is never a reason to be in a seach result.

If there is a setting to change or turn off to make it to where PayPal only provides my business name, not my personal name, I've yet to find it. In addition, I'd like to turn off the ability to be 'searched' from PayPal's mobile apps.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MG_Productions
Contributor
Contributor

Solution - There are 2 PayPal apps. PayPal and PayPal Here.

PayPal is for your everyday user. The PayPal Here is for mercahants with the card reader attachment.

If you first install the PayPal Here app, your business name and logo will appear to everyone that's using the PayPal app.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MG_Productions
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. I have a business account but my personal name is showing up on the PayPal app. When you see local users of PayPal I don't want my personal name and photo shown. I would like my business name and photo to show. Any solutions?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MG_Productions
Contributor
Contributor

Solution - There are 2 PayPal apps. PayPal and PayPal Here.

PayPal is for your everyday user. The PayPal Here is for mercahants with the card reader attachment.

If you first install the PayPal Here app, your business name and logo will appear to everyone that's using the PayPal app.

Login to Me Too

Ralph-2000
New Community Member

All well and good to set up apps in sequence, but I'm not in that situation.  I am treasurer of a non-profit, and when I contribute money to it via Paypal, it shows as sending money to myself.  I imagine it shows that to others as well.  How do I make it show as a transfer to the organization instead of to me personally when using a laptop and browser?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.