Paypal charged my card, then disabled it after failing to confirm it !

ayhkas
New Community Member

I have a MaterCard from SwedBank in Europe. after creating my account and adding all info, I tried to confirm the credit card.
then here comes the creepy process Paypal uses ! they charged me about maybe 1.5 Euros.
then, they asked for a 4 num code.

I got my card financial statement, and I can see the 1.5 Euros with paypal in details field, and with many codes and numbers.
I tried three times the first 4 nums. but no hope. now they say we disabled your card !!
Ok.. are you joking me?  what about the money? 
If they can see the amount is transferred why this weird way of activation !!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dustin

Hi ayhkas,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 🙂

Sorry to hear about trouble confirming the card. We confirm card ownership by sending a 4 digit code to the card statement. The only way we can do that is by sending a small charge (€1.50 EUR) through the card. The small charge will be refunded as soon as the card is confirmed.

After multiple incorrect attempts entering the code the card will be locked from use in the PayPal system. However, we can assist with unlocking and confirming the card. Please contact us so we can assist with this issue. You can contact us via phone or email. We are also available via social media on Facebook and Twitter.

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.