PayPal checkout default shipping address causing lost goods. Not match my only address.

shage1966
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to checkout at retailer websites and choose PayPal checkout, the shipping address is randomly set to very old addresses and I have lost merchandise because of it.

I have 1 and only 1 Shipping address on file with PayPal.  Over the years I have moved twice and sent a gift to someone once.

I have witnessed these old addresses reappear in my PayPal account after having been explicitly deleted on multiple (repeat: several) occassions.   At the moment they are all gone except my actual living address.

Yet, last week I went to newegg.com, purchsed an item using paypal checkout, and the item was delivered to my ef-fiance's address which used to be my primary shipping address but was deleted more than one year ago.

Funny though... I have purchsed many items recenty and all others came directly to my primary shipping address.

A while back, items randomly started shipping to the address I used one time for a gift.  Yet others have shipped to my previous address from over 10 years ago.

PayPal:  When I have only 1 address on file, and it is set to "Preferred Shipping Address", why the heck do old addresses default to the shipping address during PayPal checkout?

Also: please refund my money from the lost NewEgg.com purchase.

Yes, I have tried EVERY conceivable way to reach you guys.   Last guy I talked to hung up the second I mentioned "old shipping addresses".   Seriously.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DarkParty
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same exact problem, how do we wipe all old address permanently?

Login to Me Too

AG55
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem.  I removed all addresses from my profile and wallet except my current address but when I use Paypal it defaults to an old address that was removed.  I've lost about $250 in merchandise I ordered due to this problem over the last 6 months.  I need it corrected or will have to close my PayPal account and open a new one. 

Login to Me Too

ANGEL1_1
New Community Member

Terrible customer service!!!  The representative blamed the seller and me (buyer) for their shipping problems.  The rep insisted that he was being helpful, which was a lie.  Placing my order on ebay was fine and I gave the correct shipping address, which was different from my billing.  It was no problem to do on ebay, but when I selected my paypal account (which I had to jump through verification hoops ughhh) for payment,  my order confirmation details showed an older address.  DO NOT USE PAYPAL until they fix this problem.  The seller cancelled the order because he didn't have a way to confirm the shipping change over the phone to protect himself, understandable.  Now I have to redo my order and pray that this goes smoother than the last order ughhh....and the plot thickens ;(

Login to Me Too

Elvis58
Contributor
Contributor

** ME TOO  !!

Same OLD Out of State addresses keep showing up.....

Should be a simple delete button .... Can't the Pay Pal Wiz Kids figure out a simple solution????

After 10 years, and moving around, I have 17 OLD, usless addresses still showing up ????

Come on PAY PALL - Hire a REAL Geek to solve this  !!

Login to Me Too

mireal
New Community Member

Yep.  They went as far to tell me that it was my fault.  Cookies!!!! or Autofill.  So I moved over four years ago and get a new work laptop every year.   So how is this happening.

Login to Me Too

PersephoneLily
New Community Member

Same thing just happened to me. I ordered some yarn from loveknitting.com and neglected to check the default shipping address. Why would I check? I've only lived in my current home for 3 years, and set the primary shipping & billing address to it as soon as I moved. A week later, I ordered from another site and noticed that the shipping address was my old one. In a panic, I checked the yarn order and sure enough! Shipped to that old address. WTF am I supposed to do, PayPal? You won't refund my money, they won't refund my money, I won't get my yarn in time for Christmas, and it's all MY fault for not checking that shipping address that shouldn't have been incorrect in the first place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.