Password Reset Error

Runy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I've forgotten my password and whenever I submit the answers to the security questions, the following error pops up.

"We have detected an error in the link or button that you just used. It referred to an email address that is unrecognized by our system. Please contact the person who provided you with the link or button and have them correct their email address."

The alternative is to enter the full bank account number connected but I don't think that's my bank account since I don't know any accounts that ends with the two digits given. (This is made worse since the banks had changed their system sometime last year and all account numbers are now different.)

Also, I've recently moved to Australia. The mobile number connected (cancelled now) and my PayPal account are from Malaysia. 

Is there any way to solve this issue without calling the Malaysian Support Centre? (I've tried calling the Australian one but they told me to call the Malaysian centre.) There's also the problem of PayPal using that bank number (which is unknown) as a security question.

Sorry if it's posted in the wrong community. I'm not sure if there's a AUS community here (can't find it, even on Google).

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

This is a very complicated issue and there is nobody posting here that will be able to access that type of info.

I know it isn't what you wanted to hear,,, or read but you're going to have to call customer service to solve this issue.

Sorry. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

This is a very complicated issue and there is nobody posting here that will be able to access that type of info.

I know it isn't what you wanted to hear,,, or read but you're going to have to call customer service to solve this issue.

Sorry. 

Login to Me Too

Runy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I guess I'll have to block out at least an hour tomorrow and get someone else's phone for the call.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.