Palpay keeps using deleted address

Warclock
New Community Member

I moved over a year ago and Paypal keeps auto filling in my old address that I deleted from there systems a year ago, old address has been removed and new address has been put in, just went to a website that I have never been to ever and used paypal and they are auto filling the old address that has been removed.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MitchIowa
Contributor
Contributor

@Warclock wrote:

I moved over a year ago and Paypal keeps auto filling in my old address that I deleted from there systems a year ago, old address has been removed and new address has been put in, just went to a website that I have never been to ever and used paypal and they are auto filling the old address that has been removed.

Me too.  Same thing.  I moved nearly a year ago and PayPal continues to fill in my old address.  It's annoying.  Three times in the last few months we missed it and packages were sent to our old address.  I sent an email to "customer service" and received no reply.  I am using PayPal less and less, due in large part to this hassle.  If it isn't fixed soon I will cancel my account and use another payment provider.

Login to Me Too

dennisKB
Contributor
Contributor

You need to call them.  I had a couple of items ship to an old address although I had changed mine a year ago.  The agents have a way to delete that old address permanently.  Not sure why it doesn't do it when we do it.  A call resolved issue.

Login to Me Too

WJH2014
New Community Member
The very same thing keeps happening to me. I have done everything that it says as far as changing my address etc. I too have had packages go to an old address which has been a huge inconvenience. I don't know why PayPal will not correct if many people are having this issue. Changing an address should be easy and not cause this much hassle. WAKE UP PAYPAL!!!
Login to Me Too

xthetriforcex
Contributor
Contributor

Just had this happen to me.

My checkout came up in a pop up window and I did not even see the address option. When I had already paid I saw the address being shipped to is 2 years old in a different state than I live now.

But in fact my paypal account has only 1 remaining address but I always see a dozen address options when checking out and it's almost always the wrong one, but not always the same wrong one.

Really annoying that I have to contact the seller and try to get it corrected before it ships. The address is so old it won't forward to me anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.