Ongoing TIN Confusion - Affecting Business - On Hold for 4 Hours, 9 Minutes so Far....

IamHere
New Community Member

I've had a Paypal account for a long while.  A couple years ago, I started getting annual notices from Paypal that my TIN (Tax ID Number) doesn't match IRS records.  Each year, I've sent in the information and each year I've been told it's resolved.  It's not resolved and it continues....each year.

This year, I proactively called in 10 days ago, spoke with a helpful person who verified Paypal had what they need and she doesn't know why I am getting the warning message on my Paypal account.

Today, I am restricted completely on Paypal & eBaY.  Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this permanently since it continues to come up?  IRS never has issues with my name vs. my submitted number - how can Paypal if IRS is 'good with it'?

I've been on hold today for 4+ hours.  I've sent in messages, I've called before and resubmitted the paperwork each year.  Yet, it continues to come up.

TIA

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.