Nowhere to confirm rebate cards on PayPal

AronTimes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I recently added two rebate cards from a computer I built back in December 2014. I added them to my PayPal account so I would have an electronic paper trail to keep track of my purchases. The first card had 30 USD and the second card had 5 USD. I decided to spend the 35 USD on my Steam Wallet, so I bought $25 with the first card and then tried to buy $5 with it again for a total of $30. However, the second transaction was declined, so I checked my balanced on the American Express prepaid card website.

Note: I didn't use PayPal to pay for the Steam Wallet funds because I had actually forgotten that I had linked the card to PayPal. I simply typed in the details of the first card directly into Steam.

It showed a charge of $1 from PayPal and $25 from Steam, leaving $4 on the card, which is not enough to buy Steam Wallet funds (the minimum payment is $5 if you're not specifically buying a game that's less than $5). I also checked the other rebate card and found a $1 charge to it as well. Nowhere during the card linking process did PayPal inform me that I would be charged $1 each for simply linking the cards. Had I known this ahead of time, I would've skipped the middleman and went directly to Steam to spend the full $35.

Apparently, I can get back the $2 ($1 on each card) by confirming the cards. However, I have no way of confirming them, because I haven't received an email to do so, and there is nothing on my notifications dropdown tab about confirming my cards. There is a reference number listed in my prepaid card balance pages, but I have nowhere to input them on PayPal.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.