Name Change

thejimmybaum
Contributor
Contributor

When i created my paypal acct. about 8 years ago i used my nickname instead of my legal name. Been trying for years now to get the name on my accounty changed to the right name with no luck and basically zero help from paypal. Any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @thejimmybaum

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating and confusing situation. There are only two types of name changes that can be done in PayPal. The first type is a legal name change. Legal documents can be submitted to PayPal to have the name change completed. The second type of name change is a contact name on a business account. Business, personal and financial documents can be submitted to PayPal in order to change the contact name. 

There is not an opportunity to change a nickname or false name on a PayPal account. In this situation, you will need to create a new PayPal account with your correct name. You will be able to send the funds to the new account and add the financial information before closing the old account under the nickname. 

-Krystin 

Login to Me Too

thejimmybaum
Contributor
Contributor
Then why is nickname listed as a reason for name change right in the account settings.. its not that you cant its that nobody ever gets your messages. Ive already gotten the name fixed by going to the paypal official facebook and complaining. It literally took 30 seconds. Their massaging system is broken.. and calling gets you nowhere. I sent one facebook message including my email addresses and it was fixed.. no ridiculous document having to be sent in. Basically the people moderating their facebook page are more competent than anyone else in the company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.