Monthly statements

waiters
New Community Member

Hello, i have two questions and have already seen the answer of it on these forums but they are from years ago and was wondering if they still apply.

1) can paypal send me monthly EMAIL statements so i can auto forward them to my accountant ?

2) can paypal send me PAPER (mail) monthly statements to our address?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately no for both questions.

Your Account Transaction History does have a few canned reports and if you're looking for some specific details, what most of us do is export our history records to a CSV file and then use an app like Excel to sort and manage.   To learn more about reports and exporting, see this User Guide:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pp_merchantsetupadministrationguide...

Login to Me Too

APRILPC
New Community Member

I HAD BILL ME LATER AND THEIR STATEMENTS WERE EASY TO READ, EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND EASY TO PAY. I AM VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH THE STATEMENTS THAT PAYPAL CREDIT GIVES ME. 

Login to Me Too

joz
Contributor
Contributor

@APRILPC, If you have a consumer account, have a look at Activity -> Statements -> Account Statements (PDF). It provides a monthly statement like banks. Unfortunately, this statement is not availble for merchant accounts, you may have to rely on one of the old report available in Reporting Center.

Login to Me Too

ck2
Contributor
Contributor

APRILPC, I agree.  I know I have a balance, yet my statement shows zero.  Payments made to a vendor and my payments to Paypal both show a negative number.  Very hard to understand.  I don't know why they can't make them the same as any other statement.

Login to Me Too

NancyGO
New Community Member

I received my statement sent to be on email on 11/12/2014  .. I checked my emails today 11/13/2014

My payment was due on 11/12/2014 and i made my payment this morning 11/13/2014

and i notice that they charged me a late fee.

Has anyone had this problem where Paypal sent the statements the same day that they are due?

Login to Me Too

NancyGO
New Community Member

After doing some checking onto this I have notice that this has happened before!

Login to Me Too

cherrycakes
Contributor
Contributor
I agree the new system is horrible. Bill me Later worked way better.
Login to Me Too

gb2015
New Community Member

The statements are practically worthless!  The Current Activity is the same.  The amounts are INCORRECT.  The statement does not balance, as a statement is supposed to.  I called Paypal and was told that my ending balance was incorrect due to a transaction AFTER the ending date of the statement!!  It makes no sense; the statement cutoff date should reflect the balance on the cutoff date, not a future balance.  It makes NO sense at all and makes me distrust this system.  I believe users are creating their own spreadsheets to keep track.  That's great but there is NO reason Paypal can't send out accurate information.

Login to Me Too

ck2
Contributor
Contributor

That's why I quit using Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.