Modify Permissions

dmcollectibles
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling on a website for quite some time but I recently closed my account. I don't want my PayPal account information on the website and associated with my account -- is there any way I could modify the permissions of my account or to remove an account associated to my PayPal account?

Thanks for any help given!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you can relink both your bank account and credit card if you plan to close the account and open a new one.

Note, when you try to relink the accounts to your new PayPal Account, the system will tell you that the accounts are linked to another PayPal Account (even though you closed it).  This is part of the internal security check.  To relink the accounts, you will have to call customer support direct as they will be able to help with relinking.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Once something is on the Internet, it's there someplace for ever.

If you want to totally disassociate with any previous PayPal Account info, the best way is to close your current account and open a new one.  This will require a new email address, bank account and credit card.

Login to Me Too

dmcollectibles
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have more than one bank account or debit/credit card so can I just remove the ones I am using now and open the new account with them or is that not possible?

Is the bank account (and credit card) linked once it is on my profile or can I remove it and use it on another account?

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you can relink both your bank account and credit card if you plan to close the account and open a new one.

Note, when you try to relink the accounts to your new PayPal Account, the system will tell you that the accounts are linked to another PayPal Account (even though you closed it).  This is part of the internal security check.  To relink the accounts, you will have to call customer support direct as they will be able to help with relinking.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.