Introduction & PayPal Problems

Reack87
New Community Member

Okay, so my name is Lee, first time properly using PayPal, or it would be if i hadn't run into a major complication.

The first problem is, my initial email account i used for PayPal got hacked, and i can't try to recover my password as for the past few days i'm finding it unrecoverable due to Microsoft's  unique way of resetting my password.   Long story short, there's a "temporary problem".

Secondly i need to confirm it's my OWN account, and tried resetting over the phone to prove I am who I say I am, unfortunately i've moved houses since then.  And i can't change my house number due to me being unable to access my PayPal account with the email i used that got hacked.

I also tried adding my card repeatedly on a new account, but get the message that i  can't attatch the card to multiple accounts.  I wouldn't say it's irony, more of a pain in the butt.

So now you probably see the messy predicament i'm stuck in.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

If you need my old PayPal email adress, i'd be happy to reply to a community manager with it.

Otherwise i'd be glad to talk in private about getting this resolved.

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately your issues cannot be resolved thru the community forum.  Only customer support folks have access to your account and they are the only ones who can help.  The only way you would be able to open a new account would be to have a new email address, new bank account and new credit card.  As your current accounts are still linked to your old PayPal Account, there no way to link them to a new PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately your issues cannot be resolved thru the community forum.  Only customer support folks have access to your account and they are the only ones who can help.  The only way you would be able to open a new account would be to have a new email address, new bank account and new credit card.  As your current accounts are still linked to your old PayPal Account, there no way to link them to a new PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Reack87
New Community Member

Okay thank you for your help, i'll have to get in touch with microsoft, see if the can sort out my email address.

Much appreciated 🙂

I'll re-post if i get through.

Login to Me Too

UHCarl
Contributor
Contributor

HELP, please!  I am not a young chicken so some of this doesn't flow off of my fingers as easily as it does for some.  I am having a big PayPal problem that I cannot seem to fix.  I reached the Sending Limit for my persoanl PayPal account and could not send any more money for purchases made on Ebay.  This makes Ebayers mad.  So I contacted PayPal.  PayPal told me I needed to either provide them with my bank account number (which I'm not going to do) or sign up for a PayPal Platinum MasterCard (which I reluctantly did).  Now, after receiving my new Master Card, I attempt to log onto PayPal and add it as my preferred card of choice (in order to lift the Sending Limit) but my account won't let me do it.  Yes, I activated my new card, but no, it won't accept it.  It is like the ONLY way PayPal is going to allow me to use their service to make payments is by having me disclose my bank account number to them.  I can't speak to live person; I keep getting re-directed to drop-down lists of FAQ's; and I keep getting feedback requests asking me how satisfied with their "unuanswers".  I'm really frustrated!  Does anyone know of a phone number I can dial in order to speak to a live person?

UHCarl

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

1-866-300-6432

Login to Me Too

UHCarl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.....whomever you are.  If this number works, I'll owe you a favor, somehow.  Best wishes.

UH

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.