Increase Credit

Xoxsteph09
New Community Member
How can I increase my paypal credit line?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_AdamD

Hi Xoxsteph09 -

Thanks for reaching out to us here. Good question! Once you’ve been approved for an account, Comenity Capital Bank will open a PayPal Credit account with a credit line equal to the amount of your purchase or $250, whichever is greater.

If you check out with PayPal Credit and you don’t have enough available credit to cover your purchase, your account is instantly reviewed to see if you qualify for an increase. And if it can’t be done, we’ll send you an email to tell you why.

This will happen automatically during checkout, and it won’t slow you down. It also won’t affect your credit report, and there are no fees or penalties for trying!

- Adam

Login to Me Too

jmscsu
Contributor
Contributor

Is thereany  other way to increase my credit line on my paypal credit? I have had the same credit limit for years. I do not want to max out my credit just to see if I can get it increased...

Login to Me Too

glc1978
New Community Member

Was your question about other avenues to increase paypal credit line answered? I am in the same predicatment and would like a credit line increased but not sure how to go about it.

Login to Me Too

glc1978
New Community Member

Can one request for a credit line increase or is done automatically based upon length of time with paypal credit and recent transactions?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi glc1978,

Great question!  If you're attempting a purchase that exceeds your current credit line, we'll evaluate your buying power and may increase your credit line. This process happens seamlessly during checkout and doesn't slow down the checkout process. Keeping your account in good standing and maintaining good credit will help you qualify for these real-time increases.

At this time, we don't offer manual credit limit extensions. Any request for a credit limit increase is processed exclusively through a purchase attempt. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. If your purchase is declined by PayPal Credit, you'll receive a real time notification. I'd also like to advise that attempting a credit limit increase through this process does not negatively impact your credit score, credit history, or your account.

I hope this helps to clarify. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

glc1978
New Community Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about requesting a credit line increase?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.