I want to talk to a LIVE PERSON! NOT an automated teller!

zwilkin

Title really explains it all. I need to call PayPal to find out why I need Proof of SSN and Photo ID.

I am already a verified PayPal account, but about a week ago I was asked to provide Proof of SSN and Photo ID. I scanned a copy of my PA State Issued Driver's License and sent it to them but they came back saying it's not valid? I don't know why, it's my license. I also would like to know why I need to provide these details when I have already provided so much to become verified in the first place.

Anyway, I am sick and tired of trying to work with the automated teller that PayPal uses and I just want to talk to a real living, breathing, talking person who can help me with my problem.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

leewrites
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same way--the auto person is a bit lame and the choices for refference are a bit limited..

this automated helper needs help. It VERY frustrating...I just need PAYPALs address so I can send thr blinking verification of my address...GEEEEEEZ!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi zwilkin and leewrites, and welcome to the Community!

I understand about the desire to talk to a real person. Some matters can be handled with simple information and an automated system is great for getting that information quickly. Sometimes though, you need to talk to a representative. The automated questions in the Interactive Voice Response system are asked to get you to the right department so your questions can be answered by people with the ability to address your specific issue.

zwilkin - Andy just recently wrote a great post to explain the need for this type of information. That should help shed some light on the why of it. To get to the bottom of why your specific documentation was not accepted, you're right - you'll want to talk to a representative. If you use Twitter, try @AskPayPal for account-specific assistance. If you don't use Twitter, please give the phone system another chance.

leewrites - Are you looking for the mailing address, or are you trying to send the information digitally?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.