I did a withdrawl from my checking acct to add funds but then it charged my checking acct also.

PittsPandaBear
Contributor
Contributor

I am very confused, any help would be appreaciated greatly.  I had a balance of 5.00 on my PayPal acct. so I transfered money from my checking acct. to my Paypay acct. and then I bought 2 items.  When I bought these items I used my paypal acct, and it said "completed" and the date/time w/a ID #.  The transfer from my checking also said completed, which is why I bought the items; However, my PayPal balance shows up as 0.00 still and my checking account at my bank showed 2 seperate charges that said "Paypal Instant XFer" within an hour after I ordered the items and when I looked at the activity on my paypal acct. it shows the money transfered from my checking to my PayPal as "Processing" but the other activity as all being completed. I have 7 total activities.   I have 2 deposits from my Bank Account to PayPal that say "Processing", 2 that are from my bank account that say "Completed" they all 4 say Transfer below them  The one item that I got from Walgreens shows up twice as being to walgreens but below one it says "Payment" and the other says "Authorization";  I'm hoping that it only has the amount withdrawn once but it looks a little confusing and I was wanting to know since it says my transfers have not gotten to PayPal yet from my bank (i.e., processing) but the withdrawls have been taken out from my checking acct. if I will have a positive amount in my PayPal acct. once the transfers show up as completed &/OR If I can cancel the bank transfers if they are processing still so the money will be returned to my checking account...Thank You so muck for any help you can give me.

I have included a screenshot of the activity from my phone so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about.  

Spoiler

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AdamD

Hi PittsPandaBear -

Thanks for reaching out to us here. This does sound confusing. When you add funds to your PayPal account, it can take some time for those to process through. Normaily it can take 3-5 business days for the ACH process to finish. If there are not enough funds in your PayPal account at the time of a purchase (so if those funds that were added had not cleared yet) the PayPal account would then go to your bank account for that payment. Instant transfer would mean that the funds are coming from your bank account, but because you have a card on your account, the funds are sent instantly to the seller while the funds actually clear from your bank.

The funds that were added straight to your PayPal account would show in your available balance as soon as they completed.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.