How to remove an old phone number

NeroFMX
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. When I first created my paypal account, about 8 or 9 years ago, I had a certain phone number on my account. When I make certain purchases, I am asked to have a phone number attached to the purchase. Well, the default phone number, is this number that I first created the account with, that I have not had in many years. However, when I go into my account settings, this phone number is not listed ANYWHERE. So I cannot remove it. I have my actual phone number listed as the default, and everything is linked to my current number.

So basically, I am wondering if there is any way to remove this ghost-like number from my account, permanently. I have tried different things over the past few years, and can never figure it out. I have finally decided to come here and ask some Veteran members of the site.

Any help is very appreciated. I thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

micdaflip
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that we, as well as, many other PayPal users are stuck with old numbers on our profiles. As annoying as it can be, there seems to be no other way to remove them. I suspect that it must be done via "outsourced" phone help, which also has my doubts. Unbelievable that PayPal is not letting its users take full control of their profiles by allowing them to edit and expunge old data. You'd think an organization this big would allow this...

I'll post something if I find a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.