How to claim money sent to your mobile phone number

tishmimi
New Community Member

I have had money sent to my phone number and messages have come in telling me to claim the money by going to a link. But this is a broken link coming up with an error (www.paypal.com/uk/claim) 'Not found on this server'. How am I supposed to claim this money? My phone number was already linked to my paypal account.

After all of the payment notifications were texted to me, I tried to work out what was going on. It was at this time that I read that I had to confirm my phone, so confirmed my phone with the code that was sent to me, but nothing has changed. There has been no clear instructions on how to make this process successful and I have had no response from the customer service team when I sent my query to them.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi tishmimi,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties.  If this has not already been resolved, I suggest manually adding that mobile phone number to your PayPal account profile and confirming.  That should allow any unclaimed payments sent to that phone number to appear in your account.  If not, it's possible that the sender had already cancelled the payment.  If that's the case, they would need to resend it.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Carmine50
New Community Member

Hi Frank, hope you are still with paypal. My customer did the same thing and my phone number is in my account. No money or messages have been sent regarding it. What is next? Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.