How to change message that shows on customer receipt?

ALT790
New Community Member

I've spent way too much time trying to find where I can change the message our customers get on their receipt after purchasing from us via Paypal through our website.  How can I do this?  Also how do I change or add options on the paypal screen as to why the customer/donor is giving us money.  Where can I add options?  Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think you need to speak to whoever design your website 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal doesn't let you modify the email receipt that PayPal sends to buyer after they have completed payment, if that's what you mean.  You can have the buyer send you additional info that appears on the email receipt by editing your PayPal button options though.

The only thing you can do is create your own return url to direct the buyer to after they pay with that message and the buyer can then use your site's navigation menu to visit your other pages from there. 

On your seller prefs, click Update for Website preferences to turn on Auto return and enter the url.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.